Now on to currant day. After we rented the boat I realized how much I missed it. I knew we would have a boat soon. It is just how we are. He looked into them and really knew what to get and the questions to ask but of course he has bad luck.
Are first outing was on Mother's day. David, myself, the girls, Matt, Angie, Avery, Anna, and John all set you for a great day. It was fine for a few hours and then it died. We were toed in, I am very familiar with be toed because of the other boat. We went and played on the beach area with the kids and they thought they got it fixed so they took it back out. Two hours later we are still on the beach area with the kids and the guys no where in sight. All that we said was they better be broken down or they were in BIG trouble. They were. Boat trip one, not a success. We did get some pictures. John took most of them so someday maybe I will have more.





Second trip the very next weekend. David thought that is was just that he had not charged the batteries enough. So just John goes with us this time. We are doing good for about 30 minutes and then it dies. Again we are towed in. The great thing about this is all the gas we are saving considering how expensive it is. Also the other great thing is we saw Desert Long Horn Sheep at the side of the water. They had climbed all the way down the huge cliffs to get to the water. There was five there and several more up on top. It was really neat to see. John to pictures and he has not sent them out so if I ever get them I will post them. Second trip, not a success.
David then takes the boat in to the shop. Turns out all that is wrong is a loose wire. They fix it and this time for the third trip David and I decide to go by ourselves to test it out. So we drop the kids off with my mom. It is Memorial weekend on the Saturday so we were afraid it would be crowded but it was raining a little and cooler then it had been so we lucked out. We went to Saguaro instead of Canyon. I have never been out on Saguaro. It is beautiful but then I also think Canyon is really nice too. I did not bring my camera and I was mad at myself because it look so pretty with clouds. Oh well. We were out there for three hours and did not break down. It was a great opportunity for me to learn to drive the bottom. I get all nervous sometimes to drive it and I am very scared to dock it. I always think I am going to put a big hole in it and holes are very bad in boats. Third trip, a success.
The fourth trip. The next weekend we took Matt, Angie, Avery, Anna back out to Saguaro. When we got there the people next to us had dropped there keys to the bottom of the Lake. David apparently all of the sudden believes in Karma and decided they needed to help them after we had been towed in so many times by kind people. I said that was a little different then diving to the bottom of the lake looking for keys at launch where people are coming and going and not watching. Anyway they went over there and Matt jumped in. It took him three tries but he got it. So hopefully this has given us good Karma for awhile. Anyway, David finally got to water ski off of his boat today. He was happy. The girls were loving the tube that towed behind the boat. Ainsley kept putting up her thumbs up to go faster. It was not fast enough for her. I wonder if anything really is. She loves all that kind of stuff. I still remember thinking she would be scared on Space Mountain. When we came into the light she had the biggest grin on her face. She loves speed. Fourth trip, a success.


On a side note I love having the boat because it is a great family outing for us. I think I have said before at home we get wrapped up in all the stuff that needs to be down around the house. Out here there are no computers, no phones, and no crackberrries I mean blackberrys. For those of you do not have husbands who are constantly on their blackberrys or should I say addicted to them you might not relate to that last statement. By the way we will be taking the boat out soon please wish us luck.






2 comments:
It looks like fun! Hopefully David's luck has changed.
Wow, this so brings back great memories of boating on the Finger Lakes in Upstate NY and waterskiing! I hadn't thought about my love of boating until I saw your pictures. Hmmm....a boat? I do wish you future luck with the mechanics....! and the pictures are great :)
Post a Comment