March was very busy. It just flew by and I think it took a month to recover from.
Amy came to visit along with Matt, Angie, Avery, and Anna. They all came out for Frozen Dead Guy Days. If you want to know more about this odd day here it is: http://www.nederlandchamber.org/events_fdgd-story.html
I am not sure it was a little odd at times. The parade was crazy and I often thought to myself "is this the wisest idea to have my kids watching this" but they did and it was ok.
David was asked to help out with parking.
He also roped Matt into it.

We did have fun eating in town. It was crazy and it was terrible service but we got put in our own room and we had a good time or at least I did.







This is what happens when it is busy and some decide to take it on themselves to get beer and some order from the waiter and I am really not sure how else it all came but here it is.
The beer was more then enough especially since many of us were drinking other things.

All that might have made this even more entertaining. So they have the race. They take the playground in town and make it an obstacle course. Each team dresses up and they make a coffin and then have a person in the coffin and run around the obstacle course. This was actually very entertaining and a little more kids friendly then the parade. The kids got into rutting for they team they like and it is harder then you might think to run around and snow obstacle course with a coffin. There was a lot of falling.




Had we know this would have entertained the kids for so long I think we would have done it years ago. Lego is still one of the best toys ever.

I don't have any pictures but Grammy and Papa came into town as Matt and Angie were leaving to watch the kids while David, Amy, and I all went to Mexico for our 5th year. You know you have over tipped the staff when your table looks nicer then the table next to us who are there for their wedding. Our waiter also invited us to his house next year and said his wife would make us a really great meal.




He always has to make some kind of face to mess up the picture because he hates pictures so much.




He has that look because he is saying I will not drink all of these really digusting drinks so why did you put them in front of me. Please disburse them to others around me. I am not sure that is what he said but I am translating his look because those were nasty drinks.
They multipled, how does that happen. Oh that is right some drunk person says shots for everyone and these are the shots that come up. This is the problem in and all inclusive it is really easy to say shots for everyone. A trick I learned is to throw it over your shoulder when no one is looking but be careful to look behind you before you do it because it could end in disaster. Also make sure the really drunk person does not catch you or there will be several more drinks placed in front of you.
More our style. Beer and Margaritas.
We had a good time but I think we will be going somewhere else it Mexico next year. It is time to move on. I think we will be looking at the Cancun side.The week we cam back from Mexico was the last week before spring break. The Girls had gymnastics in gym class for all of march. They had a lot of fun doing it. We were a loud to come in and see the kids show us what they have learned. Abby was earlier in the week.

For 1-5 they do and actual show for you and make it like a circus. Ainsley did hers on the Friday before spring break. I could not take any pictures because they turned out the light and put spot lights on them so the pictures did not come out. After they got to show us up close their favorite things to do.


It was so snowy that day that I could not believe they did not close school. The plows did not come through until way late in the afternoon. I ended up taking the girls out of school right after the performance because I did not want to come back and get them in this and David and I talked about leaving to go to Chicago that night instead of waiting because we wanted to get out before it got even worse. It took us for ever to get out of town but I was glad we did not do it in one day like we had planned so we got to Chicago the next day at a somewhat decent time.We had fun in Chicago. It was nice to get out of the snow. It was fairly nice while we were there. David took the girls to the Aquarium and Amy and I had a spa day witch was really nice. The girls had fun and David bought them a dolphin each which they loved.
We went to American Girl and David went to work. They had been before but Abby was only 9 months old when we went to the one in Chicago so she did not remember it at all.
The train ride to downtown.


The girls got their dolls hair done.


Abby talked to this women non stop about the Aquirum. It was pretty funny and I wish I could remember some of it.



Tea at American Girl. They have it decorated so cute.




Now I should have been mad by the following but in some ways it was funny and so Abby.

Auntie Amy to the rescue and she cleaned out Annalyse's mouth. It was not easy.






Killing time at the train station. Abby made herself comfortable and kicked off her shows.

Auntie Amy took us to a fun kids Museum while we were there.
We needed money before we could get started so Ainsley took care of that.











Normally the kids hate shopping with me but that had a blast at this place.



Oh the lines at these stores are always so long.






We had a nice lunch that brought our wine in a lovely decanter.

The girls got to run off some energy at the park. Better there then in Auntie Amy's second story condo. Sorry to the people that live below.




When we went home we did not go the way we came. We went south and stopped in Springfield. We visited Lincolns home and the Library/museum. I was amazed at how much the girls enjoyed it. The guide said when we go up the stairs make sure you touch the banister and think how long ago Lincoln touch that same banister. That really made Ainsley excited.

They had fun walking through the White House as it was when he was in office.
A replica of the log cabin.

We left and there was a ton of snow on the ground and we came back to a ton of snow. In fact it was so much and the plows had come many times so we could not even get into our driveway. So we had to park at the end and walk up with all our stuff. We did not have boots because we did not need them in Chicago. It really is a long driveway when you are hauling stuff in the snow.







Ainsley played so hard she could not even make it up the steps or pick up her sled. It is funny how it always happens that way. They can go and go until it is time to come in and then they instantaly are exhausted.

This was what we had come back to. Some of this could be wind drift or from the roof but it was deep. We could not even let the dogs out in the backyard. I dug out a 2x3 spot for them and that was about all I could do.

The girls still had a few days off after we got back and the weather got a little better so we headed to the park. Not as much snow came down in Boulder.











I think there were only about 6 days that we did not have company or we were traveling. Like I said busy but fun.










No comments:
Post a Comment