May was an interesting month. Usually April is really snowy and May will have snow I believe but not as much as April and March. This year though May had a lot of snow. The following pictures are not in order. Some of the flowers were coming up and then it snowed a whole bunch on them. The more came up.
It snowed so much that the girls had a delayed start two weeks before school got out. That was so strange to me. Also I would find myself wearing flip flops out side while snow was still on our lawn because it was nice enough in Boulder to do so. I don't think this has been normal in the past because everyone commented on how long the winter was lasting this year.






I was so happy that at least some of my bulbs came up.

I will not plant tulips again because the dear or something eat them all the way to the ground.

I did plant some of these but they also grow wild in our yard. It was fun to go through our yard and see the different wildflowers that were coming up.

I finally got so good pictures of the elk. They hung out in our yard for a long time so we sat and watched them out our front window.




We did a "fake Birthday Party" for Abby again this year. Just like in AZ everyone takes their trips in July so it is hard to have a party. We had the people who do the theater program that the girls are in come. Everyone had a blast. They know how to entertain little kids.


For the first time I got a pinata. David was in charge and decided they needed to be blind folded. So the first time around they were blind folded and then he took it off. It was pretty funny and they all had a great time.

I then let them decorate their own cupcakes.
Abby also had another little dance performance. Again she could wear anything she wanted and the following is what she chose. It was cute.





Ainsley went to a party at Lollilocks. She had a blast. She came home with very cute hair, her finger and toe nails painted, and lip gloss. She also then got to go spend the night at the Birthday girls house.


Abby graduated Kindergarten. She was really quiet and shy the whole time. They did a little performance. The learned about the plants and so each child had a sentence and picture about the plants. Then they sang some songs. The principle and their teacher handed out the deplomas. The pictures came out kind of blury for some reason.


This was her teacher for the second half of the year and the normal Kindergarten teacher. Ms. Johanna.


All the kids then served the adults cake and punch. It is so hard to believe that my baby is going into 1st grade. They grow so fast.We had fun going to the Boulder Creek Festival. It was actually really nice that weekend. Finally.







My adrenaline junkie was so excited to do this.





The girls are doing horse lesson again. We found a great place that is not far from us which is nice. She is a wonderful instructor. They will be doing horse camp in the summer too. I was not going to put Abby in it but when she found out about it she begged me to. She seems to really like it.


Learning to trot.














In April David started working on the basement again. He got the beam in and then we had a plumer come in and do the rough in for the bathroom. I love to see progress. It has a long way to go but this were huge steps in getting there.







No comments:
Post a Comment