Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

April-Braces

In February I went to the Dentist here for the first time. He said I had a nice smile and that I kept by teeth very clean but that they are so worn they look like the teeth of a 60 year old. I was 34 at the time. Not good. It was one of the worst visits I have ever had to the dentist. He thinks I grind my teeth at night and my bite is off so it wears the molars down. He said I need to go to the orthodontist and get braces. Lovely. I never had braces when I was younger and have never hated my smile.

In April I got braces on.

I hate them. They don't hurt as bad as I thought and I feel like my headaches are getting better so if this helps I guess it is worth it. I also had to have the bands put on which just makes it all that much worse. It is hard to eat certain things and they really do cute up my mouth. He said 18 months but I am so hoping it is sooner. The likely hood though is probably not good especially because it does not seem that the two teeth that are the biggest problem are not moving very fast. Everything else I can tell they are moving but not those teeth.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hang in there! Hopefully, it will be all worth it.....!