Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

April

Decorating Easter Eggs.


We usually make some kind of bunny cake ever year, something we did when I was young too. Here is our version this year.

Some of the eggs were hidden inside but some were outside too. It snowed some in the morning but got better in the afternoon.





Don't you love the the nice spring dresses and snow boots.








A girl in Ainsley's class invited her and Abby to come and do a Frontier day. Her Grandma is in someway affiliated with this old cabin and the schools I am not sure how. She has days were kids come out and do days learning about the pioneers. This was a day that there was no school so she invited her granddaughter and a few friends to come out. We had nothing for the girls to wear so I attempted to make something. I thought it would be fun to try. Not quite the right material but I let the girls pick it out and it was a good experience for me. I am trying to learn to sew more and this project really helped. The hat was huge on Ainlsey but she loved the whole thing and I guess that is what matters. Next time I would be able to do better I am sure.




Ainsley pretending to be the school teacher. They had a lot of fun doing this.

It was pretty cold so Abby wore her jeans under the dress for awhile.

The girls collecting eggs which would have been a chore for the kids. The chickens would roam free and could be anywhere, no chicken coop.

Looking at the snake.

Making butter. It is not easy.

Learning how to wash clothes. It is not easy either.
The girls also got a history of the cabins that were there, they made corn husk dolls, and played games that would have been popular then. It was a lot of fun for the girls. Even though it was cold they had a great time.

No comments: