Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Is This Offensive?

Ainsley has been on me all month to register Abby's Webkinz. It was the pet of the month in August and you get more stuff if you register them in that month. Finally last weekend I decided to do it. Abby does not care that much, but Ainsley would be able to help her with it and you do get more stuff in that month. It was all going fine until I came to the name. She has the Clydesdale Horse that is all brown except for around its feet it is white. She decided to name it Brownie. For some reason naming stuffed animals after food seems to be a theme at our house. I entered it and it came back saying this name contains a word that is inappropriate. Really??? So Brownie or Brown is inappropriate. What??? Brownie is a food and the name of a group of Girl Scouts. You cannot get more wholesome then that. I e-mailed them on Saturday but have yet to get a response. This upset me. How do I tell a 4 and 6 year old that this name is considered inappropriate. The bigger question I want to ask all of you, is Brownie inappropriate or is the word Brown inappropriate. Maybe I am not seeing this from the right perspective, but until someone enlightens me I am upset by this.

1 comment:

Laura said...

That is too bad. Hopefully, it is some kind of a mistake. We had a brown dog named Brownie when I was younger. And it is a food and a troop. Sometimes I think we are too PC and just looking for controversy where there really isn't any....