Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

Halloween


For the past several years we have been getting together at a neighbors in their driveway to have a little Halloween get together. The first year it was very small and it was cold enough for a bonfire. We did not have any food we just passed out candy and hung out. The next year they provided a meal and we passed out candy. This year we moved a few doors down and had a potluck with a lot of people. Just as we are getting ready to move there are finally lots of kids in the neighborhood and neighbors that want to hang out. There was some really good food there too.
All of the kids went together to Trick or Treat with one parent and then the other stayed behind and put out all our buckets in a horse shoe and let the kids take what they wanted. We really don't get many Trick or Treaters here so we usually want them to take as much as they want. One women in the neighborhood works for a dentist office and she gives out tooth brushes every year. Strange but my kids think that is the coolest thing ever. This year she also gave out toys like the ones you would find in a treasure chest at a doctors office. I think my girls liked that more then the candy.

Avery and Anna stopped by.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like fun....

We don't have many kids in our exact area - only one girl across the street, but some of the cul-de-sac's do what you did here.

We have mixed feelings on it. I love handing out candy at the door and having kids walk through our decorations that talk to them. It is not the same for the kids - although the upside is it is very convenient and fun for the parents. John and I talked about it and even if we had the option, we think we would still choose to hand it out ourselves. We love that part!

I also like your collages. I need to check that out.

Jilene said...

For the kids in our group we all ran home quick at the beginning to hand out candy at the door to them. It gets lonely though in the house after our huge group comes through and like I said we have very few others that come through so I went down to the neighbors and sat in the driveway after that. The pictures of Ainsley and Abby going through the buckets is their second time through when they had come back from Trick or Treating.