Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2008

My View Is Changing

How many think I am going to talk about Politics right now? No I am talking about my actual view out my front window. As of the end of the school year the girls and I will be moving to Boulder, Colorado. David will be going earlier then us. Throughout our eleven year marriage moving has come up every so often. The options have been anywhere from the other side of the world to all over the US. With every place I have always had a sick feeling about it. My initial reaction has always been no way. There have been times when we have gone to look at a place and I don’t hate it but it still does not feel right. This time though I did not have that. When Colorado was brought up I did not say no immediately, I did not even have the normal feeling at the pit of my stomach. You see I fell in love with Colorado when I was young. It was always a place I said I would love to live. I thought about going to College in Fort Collins. David had thought about College in Colorado Springs. We would have never met if we would have done that and we both ended up at ASU. On our first date we talked about how it would be nice to live in Colorado. We talked about how we would like to have some property and live up in the Mountains. When we went to visit it felt comfortable and very similar to Flagstaff, where I spent the first 15 years of my life. Although it is really hard to leave a state that I have lived all my life, my family, my friends, everything I have ever know, it also is not the most terrible thing either. I am split in two right now. The part of me that does not want to leave, that has built a life here and the other half that has always wanted to live in Colorado and thinks it would be a great place to raise my kids. There will be many tears to come as there already have been but there is also excitement for the possibility of the future and what that will bring. If you are wondering how the kids are doing. Ainsley is not thrilled with the idea. She has been promised a tree house of some sort though by her Dad. Lets hope we have a place we can do that. Abby has been promised a bunny. Nothing else really matters to her right now except the thought of the bunny.

5 comments:

Angie said...

I agree, there is something wonderful about Colorado. Whenever we go I am amazed by nature's beauty and I too daydream about life there. Although it will be tough to not have you here, the silver lining for me is I'll get to live that daydream vicariously through you AND I'll have even more reason to visit lovely Colorado!

Angie said...

p.s. forget the bunny Abby, go for a horse!!!

Amy said...

Have I mentioned yet this will be the closest we've ever lived to each other? AND...did I mention that in under 7 hours we can both be in Omaha?!?! For this first time ever we can jump in car and do a quick weekend somewhere!!

Just checking to be sure I mentioned it.... : )

Laura said...

We will surely miss you! There will be an empty place at our lunches! You will need to keep blogging!

My sister moved to Denver a couple years ago. They had lived in NY State all their lives. They love Colorado. They are outdoorsy people and are very active and love the fact that there is so much to do. And they can never get over how beautiful it is.

I have been there a number of times for work as well as to Denver to visit her. I love Colorado Springs. I am not sure there is a more beautiful place in the US. I am sure you will love Colorado.....

Let's face it, you lucked out! Out of all the places that they could have asked you to move - you got Boulder!

But, we will still miss you :)

sherry said...

yes, Jilene we are going to miss you. Laura is right our lunches are going to be a little bit empty now. :( We will keep checking your blog and like Angie said, we will live vicariously through you.

We would love to come vistit!