
It is Halloween time at Disneyland. I have never been during this time, it was kind of fun to see everything decorated. They change the Haunted House to be like Nightmare Before Christmas. It was fun to see it different.

Grammy and Papa came with us. It was a lot of fun to have them along.
Minnie and Mickey are still my favorite.
Here are some of the girls other favorites. Abby loves WALLE. We saw the Playhouse Disney Parade and the guy that was caring Nemo put him right up to Abby and she thought it was so funny. In this parade you need rain gear. We got soaked. They warn you that they spray water but we really did not realize it would be that much.

We got in line for Pooh and then I remembered I had wanted to get the girls autograph books. While we were in line Grammy went and got the girls books. When Ainsley got of Splash Mountain we got back in line to get the autographs. The only person would we had seen to far was Mary Poppins but she was there in the same place the next day so we got her too. I had thought Ainsley would be into the autographs but I really was not sure about Abby. Abby was the one that was really into it. She was on a mission to get her booked filled no matter what. As soon as it was filled she was fine. I felt bad because I had her book for a couple of the chacters that she ran into when Ainsley, David, and I were on a ride. She said to them that she did not have her book and they told her it was ok she could come back and see them again. I am glad she got all her signatures to fill her book but this did turn into a few bad moments for me. I realize that although it is suppose to be the happiest place on earth and all the employees there are beyond nice, some parents are not so nice and can be very rude. I admit I found myself lossing my patience and although I never felt that I was in the wrong I think I did not neccesairly handle myself the best in one situation. In my defense by the last day I was tired of the people who are rude and let their children do whatever they want and my kids are the ones who are actually being good and respectful and I don't think that they should suffer because others are not that way. That is all I will say.
We went to Ariel's Grotto for Lunch. We got to see all the Princesses there except Jasmine but David found Jasmine and Aladdin for us later.

In Disneyland they do a Royal Coronation. There are three Princesses that come and they teach the kids how to wave and other stuff and then they dance around the May Pole. Ariel came to the one the girls were at. I wish I could have gotten a picture of Abby's face but there were to many kids. She could not stop starring at Ariel and looked so surprised that she came to the one they were at, of course Ariel is Abby's favorite.
I meant to take a picture of Abby to go along with this but I forgot. Oh wait she is in there, it was hard to tell because they all look so much alike. When I saw the ladybug with the hands on the hips and the pout I just thought of Abby. That is so her.
Ainsley's favorite ride was Screaming in California Adventure. It is not the slow build you up kind of roller coaster, it starts you fast from the very beginning. It goes upside down in Mickey's face. It gets you right from the start. They say it goes from 0 to 55 in 4 seconds. No wonder I was disoriented when I got off. Let me just tell you how much she like this ride. They went on it right after lunch. I was nervous that she would freak out and get sick. David called me and said there was not really a wait and we got right on she wants to go again. This just goes to prove I know nothing and that she has bad gag reflexes and it has nothing to do with her getting sick when she throws up easily because this ride even made David a little sick after two times in a row after lunch. The two pictures of her below is of her reenactment of being on the ride. The last day we were there she talked me in to going too. I do admit is was fun but wow once was enough. As soon as it finished as we were coming in. She started screaming how much fun it was and she wanted to do it again. She was bouncing off the ride. When we saw the picture of us on the board. My eyes were close tight and mouth closed tight and I looked a little scared. David's eyes were half open and mouth shut, he looked slightly sick or just content that it was his third ride and it did not have the same impact anymore I am nor sure. Ainsley looked like the picture below. Eyes wide open, mouth wide open, big smile on her face. They did go one more time before we left. I think she went on all the big roller coasters and some more then once. She even did the free fall at the tower. The only thing she did not like was the Indian Jones ride. I am not sure it was the ride itself, I think it was the actual things on the wall that scared her. She has never seen the movies and so I think she thought he was more of a fun cartoon character and it frightened her.
Even Grammy got on the roller coaster band wagon. She went on the one in Toontown. She hates roller coasters but braved it for Abby. Yeah Grammy!
David was brave and let Ainsley drive the bumper cars. We did the Autotopia cars later. At first Ainsley was a terrible driver but she got much better as we went on. David said Abby will never be aloud to have a license though. Apparently she just threw her hands up in the air when it was frustrating.
This was Abby's favorite ride. She did like the roller coasters that she could go on, she is a 1/2 inch to short for a lot of them. It made her a little sad that she could not join sister on everything, although considering this is her favorite maybe that is better. It just goes around on a track. It talks about eating your fruits and vegetables before you get candy. You go through a watermelon and it smells like watermelon, the animal crackers smell like cookies. At the end he burps and Abby laughed so loud all five times. Yes, I did say five times.
So sad to leave but yet we could not wait to get out of there. On the third day we were beat. Sunday was such a great day there. We got through so many rides. Anytime Miley Cyrus wants to have a Birthday Party there and open Disneyland early so they can close early and then have California adventure stay open late plus the Gays have Unofficial Gay Days there I am going back. The lines were great on Sunday, it was nice weather. Monday and Tuesday were really hot and seemed really crowded. Apparently we are not the only ones who did not get the memo about the Recession. It was a lot of fun but we have decided we are done with Disneyland for many years. Of course anytime we say stuff like that we end up doing it again soon.



3 comments:
A. Looks like so much fun!!
B. On the bugs life ride...the pic of you and Abby...for the first time, that I've noticed it, Abby has a total Ainsley look on her face. haha
C. I can't believe Ainsley is a roller coaster freak! I'll be with Grammy holding her stuff when she gets older and wants to ride.
Jilene, this all looks like so much fun! We haven't been to Disneyland in a couple of years - it got old to us - but I think it is time to go back! I want to go and also hit Universal Studios next time as we haven't done that one in CA at all. The one in FL is great!
I think the Halloween theme would be great to see. It is also fun as the kids get older and start liking things like the roller coasters. It's a good time to hit it again now that they will like other rides.
The princess stuff looks so cute! I am sure the girls had so much fun!
It does get hot there, but I was surprised to have you say that it was so hot in October!
We thought about ponying up and staying at one of the Disneyland hotels next time. People say it is so great to stay right there, but we'll see.
Welcome back!
I am thinking maybe just Ainsley and I need to go to Disneyland. I love roller coasters and my kids not so much!So someone always has to stay behind with them. Looks like you had a great time! I want to go at Christmas again it is so neat to see everything decorated.
Post a Comment