Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Fabulous Fighting Friday

So I should have know when Ainsley got in the car Thursday and said, I am so glad that Abby still has to go to school tomorrow and I get to have time without her around because she annoys me, that it might be a rough day Friday. I am glad Abby was asleep in the car at this moment. Not a very loving, sisterly thing to say. I thought maybe I could sleep in since Abby did not have to be to school until later. Why I thought that with the fact that I have a dog, a cat, two kids, the storms lately, and the fact that I have not been sleeping well anyway I would sleep in I still am not sure. So I got up and the girls crawled into bed and began arguing over who got to lay on my side while I got ready. Not just a little arguing but really yelling at each other. By the time we dropped Abby off I was very glad because they really were not getting along. I think Ainsley was excited because we don't have alone time much anymore. Last year we got a lot with them on different schedules. Ainsley and I had several mornings that we spent together. So we decided to start Fabulous Fun Friday early and go to one of our favorite places for breakfast. The Farm House.
YUM!!!!


I then made Ainsley go run errands with me. We spent a lot of time at Micheal's while Mommy tried to figure out stuff for Girl Scouts. This is really when me indecisive nature hurts me. Ainsley did like looking around and found some fun stuff.
How do I look?

I then had to run to two more stores. She was really good until we got to Fry's. She was a little annoyed by then. As we were leaving she saw Ariel 3 and asked if she could get it. I paused and almost said yes because she had been so good. I then stopped and said no. They have so much stuff it is crazy. Ainsley never use to ask for things when we went to the store. If she did it would only be once and if I said no she would stop. She never expected to get something. I find that recently she has come to expect stuff and if she does not get something gets upset so I am trying hard to say no more. Plus I figure she got to go to the Farm House and that was a treat enough.

We then picked Abby up and went to Grammy's to swim. They were pretty good at first but had several moments of fighting the rest of the day. It is hard for me to understand all the fighting. I am an only child, my cousin is an only child, my Mom is eight years younger then her brother and he was more of a care taker of her then a brother, David is 18 years behind his sister and 15 behind his brother so he was pretty much raised an only child. None of us really get this fighting thing. I hear everyone talk about how much they fought with their siblings so I know it is normal.

It was off to dance. Then Audrey came over to babysit while Mommy and Daddy went out. We went to David's friend John's house. They were having a brewing party. Many years ago David had said he would like to start making his own beer. Thought it would be fun. I bought him all the stuff for Christmas one year and it just sat for several more. Then he started trying to make some and then he met John who also likes to brew his own beer. They now have brewing party. Basically he provides lots of food and drinks and we all watch as they make the beer. It is kind of interesting how they do it. We also played Apples to Apples while we were there. That is a very fun game. I have never played before. It is a great game if you have many people.

My husband has been brewing some at home too. It has to ferment in cool spot. The coldest room in the house is the little water closet in our bathroom. Here it is. All the stuff floating on top is the yeast. I guess he said it is done when the yeast is all at the bottom. I really don't know much about it. All that I know is that it smells really bad when he is brewing it but it tastes good in the end.
Another Fabulous Fun Friday.

3 comments:

Angie said...

We have sister fighting over here too. My brother (4yrs older) and I fought alot and I always dreamed of having a sister. So when the girls start in with each other I get mad and sad. Hmm, what can ya do? Although I can say that Avery really came through for her sister when Anna smashed her face...

I know it's tough to say no(having bought the dang movie and 2 barbies in one week!)but way to curb that impulse buy Jilene!

Laura said...

I still have not been to The Farm yet. I need to get there! Nice job keeping the Fabulous Fun Friday going. One thing about PM Tops, they don't have the 1/2 day on Friday.

Jilene said...

Tina-from what little I know it does have to be cool but not ice cold. Apparently the little water closet in our bathroom is so small and has a vent in it that it stays cold enough. It takes somewhere between 10 and 14 days and then he usually puts it in the beer fridge we have for the last day. It seems to turn out fine so I guess it is cold enough.

I told David I wanted to get Apples to Apples for home but he says it would not be fun with just a few people that you need a lot of people. What do you think?