I then flew to Las Vegas and meet David, Angie, and Matt. Apparently we know people who know people and we got free tickets to the Blue Man Group and a free hotel room. David has traveled so much that we had airfare too.
It was really nice and a lot of fun. I was just very tired that is the only thing that would have made it better if I would have gone into it a little more upbeat. So thanks Matt and Angie and thanks Mom for watching the kids. I don't have any pictures though. We then got on an early flight I got Ainsley took a shower and then we went of to do a Girl Scout Service Project.
We then went home change and headed to Grammy and Papa's for a party. It was fun and we stayed way to late. No pictures here either.
On Sunday morning we got up and headed to Flagstaff for the Polar Express.
Check out my new coat. It was the first one on my blog poll.




Here is Allie, I mean Grant. He apparently lost his name tag to Allie and so he was wearing hers.

Her is the elf that gave me a bad time for not drinking the coco. If you had the coco you would understand why I passed it up. Matt, Angie, and David said that I ruined Christmas by not drinking the coco. Oh well.











They were trying to get people to get up and sing. Ainsley ran right up there and said I will sing. She then sang the song loud and confidently. Good for her but it was also very funny. The best part was how she told us the story later. She said that they were asking for volunteers and they asked her and she thought oh no. She thought she was very scarred but decided to do it anyway and went up there reluctantly. So far from the truth I was laughing. She was in no way reluctant.

Santa came, I got my bell, now I am tired.
All in all it was a very fun time.We came home Monday and then Monday night the girls had rehearsal for their big dance performance this Friday.
We are all very tired. I am very much looking forward to break.



7 comments:
Geez, I'm tired just reading it!!! You have far more energy than I do!
I have always wanted to do that Polar Express train, but we never have. It just doesn't look like it would be too much fun with only one child. I could be wrong. What do you think?
And, nice coat! Should serve you well in your travels.
The Blue Man Group - I have never understood them. What is their deal? Why are they blue? :)
That is very nice of you guys to spend some time with the folks at that nursing home. Usually kids are skiddish around older people, so interesting that Ainsley was so comfortable.
And, that Santa looks awfully familiar!!
No, I don't have any energy. I just don't know how to say no. I have been like that my whole life. I want to do it all but my body does not really keep up so David and I were so tired Monday that we were unbelievably grouchy at each other. That was a nice way of saying it. I am also very grouchy at the kids this week and have got nothing done. Oh well.
The coat is very warm, I am happy with it.
I don't understand the Blue Man Group either. It was interesting. I don't know why they are blue and at one point huge strips of toilet paper was being dragged over our heads. Yes, you read that right. There were some very entertaining parts though.
I am glad it did not make Ainlsey skiddish because it makes me a little that way and I was trying hard not to show it.
I am not sure about the Polar Express. I guess it is what you make of it. The year David and I went with just the girls was not as fun as the last two years when we had more people going.
Your weekend needed to be sponsored by Starbucks and vitamin B-12. At least it was all mostly fun stuff and not a weekend packed with 'have to's.
I'm relieved that you're happy with the coat!! I would have been hosed if you weren't : )
PS - You DID ruin Christmas by not having the cocoa! Sheesh. Weren't you supposed to either have the cocoa or a cookie for me?! Does that mean you had two cookies? Oe for each of us or, did we have to share one?
Amy, for me I had a margarita at a place called Picazzo's before we went on the train. I had a glass of wine for you when I got home from the train. We shared a cookie with ice cream on it from Picazzo's that we had put in the fridge at the hotel for after. I just did not have the room for cookies and cocoa on the train, sorry. I did take the cookie and put it in my purse after I was given such a bad time about the cocoa. They were trying to make up something about how a mall Santa dies every time someone does not take the cocoa on the Polar Express.
I could have used the Starbucks and B-12 on the trip. This weekend is not as bad but it still will be hectic.
You're such a good cousin!! For the calories I totally prefer the wine over the cocoa and cookies! Good choice!!
On a random note...I don't think I've ever mentioned this but...in the Polar Express pictures every year your smile is always so much bigger and genuine. Love it! : )
Amy-I knew you would like my choice.
Why are you still up, isn't it late there.
Post a Comment