Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

August

**I did this one in March and never posted it. Not sure why maybe because March was crazy busy. There is still snow on the ground though.

As there is lots of snow again on the ground I was enjoying looking at our August pictures.

Auntie Amy came in August for a visit.
We all went to the Renaissance Festival. It is between Denver and Colorado Springs so it is a bit of a drive for us. I think it was a good time though.

Justin and Ainsley I think Ainsley is the King and Justin is the Queen. Woops.



They had to swing across on the horse and try to get the ring that was on the side.
The ring is hanging from the dragon.




While Auntie Amy was here we had a little Tea Party. It was fun and yummy.

We also went 4 wheel driving in some areas by close by. It was fun. I really did not think John and David really meant that we would be doing some real 4 wheel driving. I thought maybe it was just back road driving. This involved crossing a water source and a few other very interesting terrain. We then stopped for a picnic and the kids played in the creek. The we went hiking at the end. Everyone was really exhausted at the end of the day. I did not bring my camera and I know John got some good pictures but I have not ever seen them. If I ever get them then I will post them. It was a good time though.

We want to redo the basement. I had hoped that it would be done quickly but that is not going to happen unfortunately. In the mean time it is a mess. David did tear down a lot of what needed to be.



There use to be a small room here that was put up very badly.



The girls also started school in August. Ainsley was very nervous that she would have a mean teacher and I am not sure why. A few days before school started they had one on one asessments with their teachers.

Ainsley's teacher Miss Sarah. They all go by first names except the piano teacher and the principle who just goes by Ms. B.
Abby's teacher Ms. Kathy. Ms. Kathy is from Australia and was just here for a year. It went from January to January. So Abby will have two teachers for Kindergarten.


Their first day of school.

Abby made the paper that week. She was in there I think 2 times. I made the paper or I should say my back did as I was hugging Abby goodbye. David made the paper because he was standing next to her teacher when they took a picture for an article about the exchange program she was doing. Welcome to a small town. You might be in the paper often you never know.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I still love where you live! I feel peaceful when I look at your pictures. Hmmm....

I tell John all the time that the way that Arizona is going lately, perhaps we should look into Colorado. There's not a lot to not like. The snow is the only negative I can see at a quick glance.

Your girls were so brave to switch schools like they did - especially Ainsley. I guess it must be true that kids are pretty resilient.

I hope you keep blogging......

And we missed you at lunch last week! We haven't gone monthly this year - too many conflicts - but are going to try to more next year. You should let me know when you are going to be in town again and perhaps we could schedule one when you are here. That would be cool!

Jilene said...

We are going to be in town June 4-11. We are then going to California. We will be back for just a few days Father's day weekend and then heading back. Not sure if we can work anything out but it would be great to see you and everyone else.

Laura said...

That would be great! MY computer died, so I don't have your e-mail address right now, but send me an e-mail (I think you have mine....it hasn't changed0 and let me know if you'd like a no kids thing or a kids thing and what days may work (lunch or dinner?) and I'd be happy to set something up! It would be great to see you!