My Mom made Ainsley's dress and Abby's is one that Ainsley wore when she was 4. This was for our Christmas card and yes I was a mean mother and made them stand outside to take this picture. They were troopers. We ran outside quick, smiled, and then ran inside for hot chocolate and sat by the fire.

On the way back from Arizona we surprised the girls with a trip on the Polar Express. It was actually at the end of November but I think it fits better here. It was in Durango and it was a lot of fun. We normally go on the Polar Express in AZ but this was different. Of course because we only did it a few weeks before we went the only think left was the upgraded cars which was a lot more expensive but I think worth it for one year.
I made the girls PJs for the trip.


The Conductor actually punched the tickets like they do in the movie.

We got to keep the cups and the hot chocolate was really good.



We also got a cookie and Santa Chocolate sucker.






We saw 4 coyotes walk across our yard. They pretty much stayed on the property line. One came over a little and then turned and followed the others across the road. Hard to see in this picture but they are by the fence line.
Here is the Bobcat again. It visited us many times. It is starting down the driveway on the right hand side.
Sitting to the right of the tree staring at us.
It is a little bit of a pain get out the door in the morning on a cold day. There is a lot to put on.

There were many parties in December. Ainsley had one is class. They had been learning about Australia and since it was summer there in December they had a beach party. They did a little presentation, eat, and then had a sing along.
Ainsley was responsible for telling about the Aboriginal Flag.


Abby is dressed a little more for the weather in our town. Ainsley had to change when she got to school. It was not shorts weather here.

Here is Abby's little party. They sang some songs and had treats.


There was another choir camp. If you look towards the middle of this picture you will see Abby and our babysitter Lilly, who is also in Choir and Theater at the High School. She is the one with the scarf on and Santa Hat and then Abby is to the left of her with a Santa Hat.

Ainsley and her classmate Zoli right before the concert. Ainsley does not look to bad, for having fell on her head and taken to the hospital by ambulance and diagnosed with a concussion, does she? I was not going to bring her but the doctor said it was fine and it might be good for her. I think I posted about this before but she did ok. She had her ups and downs during. It was 3 hrs long. The rehearse and then eat dinner and then the parents come and watch. I stayed the whole time watching her. She sat with me for about half the time. She was glad to be there and her classmates were happy to see she was ok.

Ainsley turned 8 this year. Hard to believe. I did not like how the light was on her face but it was the best picture. She suffered through. It was freezing outside. We ran out, took her coat off and she sat and took a few pictures and then ran inside. I think she had her boots on for this too.

We had a small Birthday Party for her. I could not handle much more this time. She was aloud to have a sleepover and I only wanted a very few kids. Three girls came and only two stayed. I think she would have like more but I was glad to start with just a few.
Ellie, Ainsley, Izzy, and Emma. Of course Abby in front.I made the cake. It was actually fun to make. In case no one knew she loves horses so that is what was the theme of her cake.




It is already starting. Abby was devastated. I told her to take it down but I did not let Abby go back in either because it was her party and I can understand if she did not want her little sister hanging around. She did let Abby play with them for a few hours and then decided she was done.

Since David had the tractor at our house still(it will live a John's who is not the road a little bit) he took everyone for rides in the morning around the property. That had a good time with that. Who doesn't like a tractor ride.


Grammy and Papa came the day after Ainsley's party. The next night we went out for a family dinner to celebrate Ainsley's Birthday. She chose to go to the Med. She likes the calamari there.
Yes this cake is almost identical to the other one but a little different. I made two this year. A little crazy and I am not sure I will do it again. I tried to get her to do cupcakes for her friend party or ice cream cupcakes from Cold Stone but she wanted me to make both.


All Ainsley said she really wanted was to have snow for Christmas. She got that. It did not actually snow on Christmas but it snow a few days before and a fair amount so there was plenty left on the ground for Christmas day.



Having fun on Christmas Vacation.






Always have to decorate the Christmas Cookies.


Abby's cookie.



We bought a kit to do a ginerbread house this year.


We took Grammy to the Butterfly Pavilion. It was fun.

I always find this so interesting to see. I just never knew there was different colors of cocouns and that they could be so pretty. Some of the gold and greens ones are so vibrant it is amazing. It is fun to see them hatching too.

Always have to stop and let Rosie walk across your hands. Well not mine but the kids.
I wanted paper whites this year. I had hoped that there was some already started at Home Depot because I did not get my act together in time for Christmas to grow bulbs. There was none. The guy at home depot told me how to get them to grow faster. I did it and they bloomed just in time.
I loved this picture. The light and camera angel was just right.

Joe the Elf, that is what the girls named him, arrived on our doorstep a week before Christmas. I think Santa new we need some magic this year. I think we are on the verge of not believing anymore at our house, including Abby so Joe came. The girls had a blast looking for him in the mornings. He picked some pretty fun places to hide. See you next year Joe.



I went a little crazy with ornaments this year. We went out and bought a lot more. I went through a few years of only wanting red and silver on my tree but this year I wanted a lot of color. The girls had a great time decorating it.
Christmas Eve we went out to The Melting Pot. Ainsley is in love with Fondue and asks at least once a month to go back. We have a fondue pot now and we make it at home sometimes.


Ainsley and her Teddy. I still remember how she was so small when we brought her home and took her first picture with it.




They day after Christmas David and I went to Boulder for a few hours and came back with this. We did not tell the girls we were going to get her, we were afraid she would be gone and did not want to disappoint them. We got her from the Boulder Humane Society. Her name is Daphne. We are not sure what she is. Everyone has a different opinion. She is such a mutt but very cute. My Mom said she wished she had a camera when Abby looked out the window and saw us walking up with her. She said it was priceless.





The girls were really good about taking her for walks until she got big enough and not scared anymore to go down the stairs by herself into the back fenced part.




No comments:
Post a Comment